|“||Well, hello, Herbert!||„|
|~ Esmeralda's first lines.|
Esmeralda the Snake was the homeowner of the desert burrow and now the current homeowner of the big cave until she returned to her burrow at some unspecified point.
She resembles one of the nameless pink snakes. However, she has eyelashes. She is based on either a sidewinder or a kingsnake. She has a pink feather duster.
Esmeralda is very busy as a housemaid in her burrow. She is extremely protective of her collection of neat things. However, she has a hatred of messy things in her burrow. Esmeralda usually likes everything very neat, since she is a housemaid. Esmeralda is also known for asking visitors who visit her home not to touch her collection of neat things. If any visitor messes up her collection of neat things, Esmeralda gets very upset when her collection is messed up.
She is eventually not an antagonist when she yells at Herbert who tried to be her visitor. Esmeralda is eventually an anti-hero and not a villain at all. Esmeralda sometimes has amnesia as revealed in Episode 74. She doesn't really know all details about the volcano and what it does.
- The Story of Esmeralda the Snake (first appearance)
- The Story of Eddie's Big Adventure
- The Story of the Dawn Chorus (no lines)
- The Story of the Important Visitor
- The Story of Nathalie's Neighbors (two snake lookalikes only)
- The Story of Petula the Parrot (lookalikes only)
- The Story of Zed the Hero of Africa
- The Story of Ronald and His Boulders
- She has a fond of watermelons, much like Herbert. This isn't true, because most snakes actually eat animals and eggs of other animals.
- She shares the trait with King Snake. Both eat watermelons.
- She is named after the Spanish name for "emerald".
- It is revealed that she has amnesia in Episode 74.