Gunnar the Seagull is a seagull who lives in Mossy Bay Island. He is friends with Thelma and is the coach of the puffins.
Gunnar's head is coloured black; the end of his wings and his tail are coloured black. He has yellow feet and a yellow beak. His eye colour is blue.
Gunnar is known for soaring around the island. He is known for being a referee to football matches. As revealed in Episode 70, Gunnar is known for commanding the animals to push Thelma back to the ocean. This means Gunnar is telling the animals what to do immediately when the tides are appearing.
- The Story of the Puffins of Mossy Bay (first appearance, not named, no lines)
- The Story of Jamie the Littlest Puffin (no lines)
- The Story of the Puffins' Treasure
- The Story of Thelma the Whale
- The Story of the Whale Trip
- The Story of the Record-Breaking Puffins
- He is based on a laughing gull.
- He and Thelma are the only new characters that don't speak in Season 2. However, he and Thelma are given speaking roles in Season 3 and 4.
- Gunnar was not named until Episode 58.
- He never spoke until Episode 60.
- Despite having a yellow beak and yellow feet in the series, his real life counterpart has a red beak.
- In the captions by Red Bee Media, "Gunnar" was misspelled as "Gunner".