Joey the Kangaroo is a young kangaroo and the son of his mother Janet and his father Elvis. He speaks with an Australian accent. He is also voiced by Keith Wickham.
Joey is a red kangaroo, much like his mother and father.
In his first appearance, Joey was unable to jump by himself. Ribbit was able to give him a pair of the boots, which helped him jump when he was small. Joey soon began to jump after trying out the boots. In later episodes, Joey is usually kind of curious, but usually a bit of naughty. His mother Janet is a bit protective of him.
- The Story of Joey the Kangaroo (first appearance)
- The Story of Alan the Aardvark (kangaroos mentioned only)
- The name "Joey" is a synonym to a baby marsupial, which is also a baby kangaroo.
- He is the Australian Animal friends with Jimmy and Phoebe.
- The only favorite food is soup with eucalyptus as an ingredient. This shares the same traits with Phoebe. Both, he and Phoebe are the Australian Animal friends with Mr. Platypus who like eucalyptus.
- As stated above, Joey is based on a red kangaroo.