|“||Hmph, that's it! Now I've had enough! Ugh, ugh...||„|
|~ Reginald, complaining about his nap bothered.|
Reginald the Lion is a lion who always gets bothered during afternoon naps. He is a grumpy, male lion who hates getting disturbed. He is also voiced by Keith Wickham.
Reginald has orange mane and yellow fur. He is based on an African lion.
Reginald loves sleeping. When not sleeping, he likes licking on a bone. He is usually portrayed as very grumpy, due to a lack of sleep; without getting enough sleep, which results him to be even in a very grouchy mood. Reginald, however, is usually very helpful to the other animals. One of his most famous roles is the beginning of Season 2, in which Reginald gets very angry with all the noises that bother him.
- The Story of Nelson the Elephant (first appearance)
- The Story of Georgina the Giraffe (no lines)
- The Story of the Dawn Chorus (scene reference only)
- The Story of Cousin Chuckles (no lines)
- The Story of Herbert's Peaceful Day (last appearance)
- Reginald is the first character whose name starts with the letter "R".
- In Episode 27, his story is based on the African story "The Sleepy Lion".
- Reginald has a mother in Season 2.
- His deep voice can be told that it might sound like an African accent. However, it could be assumed if he were the only animal to speak with an African accent.
- He likes having juicy bones as his favorite security blanket.
- Although he is friends with other animals, real life lions are actually predators, who often go after animals like zebras.