|“||Do you have to bash every boulder in sight?!||„|
|~ The Tic Tic Bird, angry about Ronald having his habit of smashing boulders.|
He is a small bird that looks like a stork, but has purple skin. He has an orange beak. He is actually a tickbird (or oxpecker).
He has an interest in eating insects off the back of the big animals, hence the name. He learns that the small animals are supposed to help with the bigger ones.
- The Story of Zed the Zebra (first appearance)
- The Story of Esmeralda the Snake (no lines)
- The Story of Herbert's Peaceful Day (last appearance)
- Despite being angry and sad, no one sees him frowning when doing so. He is always seen smiling whether being angry and sad.
- Sometimes in the American episode guide, "Tic Tic" is spelled as "Tick Tick". This is to avoid confusion with the traditional game, Tic-Tac-Toe, the American English phrase for Noughts and Crosses.
- He is based on a red-billed oxpecker (Buphagus erythrorhynchus).